CONTENT COPYWRITING TO SUPPORT BUSY BRISBANE KINDERGARTEN
Ballymore Kindy is a small, not-for-profit kindergarten on Brisbane’s city fringe. Affiliated with Lady Gowrie, the Kindy offers a kindergarten program assessed as ‘Exceeding National Quality Standards’ against the Australian Government’s Early Years learning framework.
As a single-unit kindergarten, Ballymore Kindy has a small teaching team (with a part-time administrator) that’s governed by a parent-volunteer committee. Each year, the Kindy promotes kindergarten place vacancies through an Open Day event and local area promotion.
In September 2022, Ballymore’s Director noted the remaining vacancies for the 2023 school year were higher than expected. With a busy, productive small team who are focused on their main job – educating and caring for kindergarteners as they learn, grow and play – Ballymore Kindy sought external marketing support to help create social media advertising to fill the remaining 2023 vacancies.
The Kindy had two clear goals for their local marketing outreach:
- Generate enquiries for 2023 vacancies
- Raise brand awareness of the Kindy in the local area and show what makes it different
To work towards these goals, it was agreed we would broaden the social media advertising to a content campaign. This campaign would include an optimised landing page, organic social content creation and social advertising on Facebook and Instagram. To nail this brief for Ballymore Kindy, I undertook:
- Research and interpretation of the local early education market, providers and the motivations of the target audience. This analysis helped inform the tone, language and key messages to lead the campaign.
- Enhance the existing ‘Enrolments’ webpage with SEO website copywriting. As the recommended landing page for the social media ads, the ‘Enrolments’ page was adapted into a landing page that would engage, interest and drive action with the target audience (enquire for a tour or complete an enrolment form).
- Copywriting a series of social media advertisements that would grab the attention of the target market and communicate the unique brand ethos of Ballymore Kindy.
- Content copywriting for ten social media captions (matched to provided images) for Ballymore Kindy’s Facebook and Instagram accounts. Each post was written to strategically showcase Ballymore’s brand and educational program. Whilst also sharing a ‘sneak peek’ into everyday life behind the Kindy gates.
- Edit and proofread the final copy.
The content was provided to the Kindy who chose to implement it on their website and social media accounts in October and November 2022.
Outsourcing this content copywriting to an external copywriter gave Ballymore Kindy the strategic brand content they needed to reach their target audience effectively. They met their goa
Plus, it gave Ballymore’s team what they sought more of: time. Something they cherished as the end of the school year raced to a close.
“Working with Lindsay has been such a positive experience. Lindsay ensured that the process was highly collaborative by welcoming feedback, sharing ideas and connecting through conversation. We really appreciated the time that Lindsay took to develop a genuine understanding of the tone and the message that we hoped to reflect. She then supported us with tools, such as the social media calendar, which helped to lift our social media presence. We are looking forward to working with her again soon!— Emily Clark, Director, Ballymore Kindy
It was a pleasure to work with the team at Ballymore Kindy to help them hit their goals!